Sages on Stages Part 1
In this episode, Andy Andrews, Bob Beaudine, and Jimmy Yeary join the Driving Change podcast to celebrate its 100th episode. These three industry titans are three of the most influential men in Business, Sports, and Music in America today. They provided so much wisdom we’ve dubbed this episode Sages On Stages and have had to break it into a part 1 and a part 2. In this part 1 episode, they discuss the most frequently passed-on advice they have received and share their insights on balancing personal and professional lives. Bob finishes this first part with a quick story of blessing and encouragement he received from Norman Vincent Peal when he was 28 years old.
- Don’t believe everything you think; be open to new information and perspectives.
- Love what you do instead of just liking it; passion and obsession drive success.
- Don’t be overly concerned about other people’s opinions of you; focus on making the best decisions for yourself.
- Balance your high motor and drive for success with quality time and presence in your personal life.
- As a speaker, be relatable, authentic, and open to the guidance of the moment; connect with the audience and make the information relatable to their lives. Amateurs practice until they get it right, while professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.
00:00 Introduction and Background
03:17 The Most Frequently Passed-On Advice
13:11 Balancing Personal and Professional Lives
23:08 Approach to Keynote Speaking
29:44 Preparation and Authenticity in Speaking
WHERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE GUESTS